April 29th Reminders
- read 20 min
- read the Warplane Heritage Museum blog post —
- read Today’s blog post – will include our FLIGHT Knowledge Building Circle
- Pita Pit on Monday
- LION KING TICKETS — available on School Cash Online
April 28th Reminders
- read 20 min
- MATH — Complete Stem/Leaf Plot page & BRING IT BACK
SCIENCE – Flight Inquiry
All students recorded their Questions, Hypotheses, Materials, Observations, and Conclusions for their personal experiments in their Inquiry Journals.
Investigating Aerofoil wing shapes — some students completing their individual experiments —
Our running list of the Properties of Air:
We know that air naturally moves from an area of HIGH PRESSURE to an area of LOW PRESSURE
This movement of HIGH PRESSURE air under a wing will create LIFT under an aerofoil wing.
This week, we have discussed how the FOUR FORCES OF FLIGHT work togethe so that an airplane can take off, level off/fly and land.
Investigating the movement of HIGH PRESSURE air to an area of LOW PRESSURE AIR — Some students were guided through experiments to prove that High Pressure air moves to an area of low pressure
April 26th Reminders
- read 20 min. tonight
- Fractions/Decimals/Percent retest – Friday (break time)
- Popcorn tomorrow $2
- TRIP tomorrow to Warplane Heritage Museum – devices will be locked at school