INFOGRAPHICS – Syrian Refugee Crisis
Download one of the following infographics for your activity —
- Visit the link
- lightly touch the image
- “Save to Camera Roll” on an iPad
Can you spot the Ingredients of a good INFORMATION POSTER?????
We know that a successful Information Poster answers the questions
WHO? WHEN? WHERE? WHY? HOW? WHAT?
But to be ENGAGING, an Information Poster must use text features to catch the reader’s attention & organize all that good information. Study these two examples and make your list of engaging text features….. then check the list at the end to see how you did!!!
How many text features did you identify???
- Title that stands out
- Text boxes
- List (numbered, check boxes, bullet)
- Text styles: bold, underline
- Different Fonts
- Graphics/Pictures with or without captions
- Colour (monochromatic OR lots of colour)
- An organizer with information (T-table, small word web, Venn diagram) not pictured here